8.08.2010

to dreamfeed or not to dreamfeed?

That is the question. As I queitly creep into my sons room each night, waking him for his final feeding, I ask myself should I even be doing this? I have read somewhere around 4 months your child can go down to 5 feedings a day. Right now we are at 6. That final feeding of the night is what "they" call the dreamfeed. You wake your child, feed him, and put him right back to bed. They are pretty much asleep the entire time, at least Knox is. I have been going back and forth, back and forth with this for about 2 weeks now. Should I drop it or not drop it? I love my sleep. Let me repeat, I love my sleep. This is why I am afraid to drop this final feeding. I have been getting some much needed sleep for a few months now. Ah sleep. It is amazing after not having it for 2 months straight. . . welp tonight I decided to bite the bullet and give it a try. So far so good. But it's only 11 o'clock. We shall see. . . so for now, I will get you updated on Knox's progress. . 
We had our 4 month check up last week, which means little man had to get shots. Oy, shots. I hate shot day. The only fun thing about well child check ups is getting to see how much he has grown. I am happy to report he gained another 4 lbs and grew another 2 inches! Brody Knox Shumsky now weighs 15lbs 2 oz and is 26 inches long! He's a growing fool. He is also a rolling machine. As soon as you put him on his back he rolls over on to his stomach. Cute, at first, until it became a problem during his naps. He would roll over onto his stomach, then get mad because he couldn't get back over. We fought this for about 3 days. Finally, he figured out that it was okay to be on his stomach. He is now sleeping on his stomach for a majority of the time, all on his terms. He loves it. In fact, he took a 3 hour nap for me today. . perfect. He loves to suck on the corners of blankets, or burp cloths. . whichever I get to him the fastest. It's adorable. My mom said I use to suck on the corner of my blanket when I was little. This made me smile. He may look exactly like his daddy, but he's starting to develope some of my habits. This could be good, or bad :)


"always kiss your children goodnight, even if they are asleep."- H. Jackson Brown


Knox rolling over in his crib. . . 





































No comments:

Post a Comment