8.29.2010

5 months

As soon as you publicly announce you are pregnant, a lot of "experienced" moms feel the need to tell you what to do. By the end of my 9 months of pregnancy I was over hearing "do this, do that, you need to buy this, you have to have that, you can't do that, you are drinking that??" Now that I have a child of my own I catch myself becoming one of those "experienced" moms. Shameful? Nah. . I just know where those moms are coming from now. I will try my hardest not to share every little thing I have experienced as a mom to all of my first time pregnant friends out there . . you can thank me later :) saying that, I have to share one piece of advice I heard over and over. . take lots and lots of pictures because time will fly. And that my friends is a very true statement. Knox is now 5 months and time has literally flown by. He is a completely different person from 5 months ago, physically and mentally. I have taken that piece of advice and probably gone overboard with the pictures, but I have to warn you, the pictures will not stop. My photo albums pretty much consist of only Knox now and I am so thankful. Today I was looking back at some of the very first moments I captured of him and I was completely amazed at how fast he has grown. Of course it brought tears to my eyeballs, but I am so happy I have those moments to look back on. As I mentioned above, Knox is 5 months! He is an absolute character these days. When this little guy learns to crawl I am going to be in t-r-o-u-b-l-e. I am already trying to prepare myself, sorta. He is almost sitting up by himself these days, which is a great achievement. He is also learning to "scoot." And of course he is still screaming at the top of his lungs. I don't know how I am going to break him of this habit, but for now I will let him enjoy his voice. He has to have something in his mouth at all times.. fingers, blankets, teething toys, which probably means he is about to start teething. . something I am dreading. Oy. A few posts ago, I mentioned I was going to drop the "dreamfeed". .success! He now goes to bed around 7:30 or 8 and sleeps until 7:30 or 8 in the morning. It's amazing. Some days I have to pinch myself to make sure I am not dreaming bc I still can't believe I am a mother. I can't imagine life without this little guy. . . . 

Below are some pictures (of course!) of Knox's life as a 5 month old

 


And here are a few videos. . . 







"Screaming"












No comments:

Post a Comment