8.30.2010

Sisterly Love

October 18, 1984 my sister, along with the rest of my family, welcomed me into the world. My Granny took my sister out for a really nice dinner in honor of being a new big sis. . . anywhere she wanted to go, the option was hers! Out of all the nice places in Oklahoma City my wonderful sissy chose Taco Bell. She wanted a bean burrito with no onions and extra cheese! Who would have known that 25 years later we would share this craving of bean burritos together. . while pregnant! That's right, my sister and I had the luxury of being pregnant at the same time. Being 7 years apart we never imagined we would be pregnant together, but that's how the story goes. Almost 1 week from the day my sister announced to us that she was pregnant, I found out I was pregnant. . . you can only imagine how shocked my parents were when I made the call telling them that they would have another grand baby. If you can imagine that, try imagining the shock on all of our faces when we found out I was due 2 days after her. Yes, that was a shocking month for us all, but what a great shocking month it was :) Being pregnant at the exact same time as your sister is not something that happens in every day life, we are part of the lucky few. Being pregnant together was simply amazing. We got to share our "crazy pregnant lady" stories, our cravings, our tearful moments, the feeling of the first kicks, the gas pains, indigestion, and everything else that comes a long with being pregnant. We were there for each other. I'm so thankful I didn't have to go through it alone. . she knew how I was feeling most days and vice versa. Not everyone could relate, but she could. Being born 6 years and 364 days apart, thats right. . our birthdays are one day a part. . . I should have known something great was in store for our future, I just never would have guessed it would be this. Now we have the luxury of watching our kids grow up together. We will get to share the first day of school tears, the many birthday parties, the first prom laughs, and sending our kiddos off to college together. I tear up just thinking how lucky I am to have such a great sister who I get to share parenthood with. Just another awesome chapter in my book of life. . . . Love you Sissy!

No comments:

Post a Comment