7.27.2010

a day off

Stay at home Mom's never get a break, let me rephrase that, MOM'S never get a break. There's always laundry to do, dishes to wash, toys to pick up, not to mention you are doing all of this while trying to figure out how to raise your precious little angel. It doesn't matter how exhausted we moms are, somehow we find the "superwoman" inside of us and we continue on. . day after day. After days of complaining, my sweet husband decided to give me a day off to go do whatever I wanted. An entire day to do whatever I please?! Pool time was the first thing that came to mind. . .mother hood has definitely taken a toll on this ol' bod. After putting on 49 pounds and gaining a few stretch marks my body no longer looks familiar, but I figured a day in the sun would make me feel better. . getting a tan always does a body good. So off to the pool I went. There was not a soul in sight at the pool, no screaming kids running around doing cannon balls, no annoying teens gossiping about the latest celebrity news. . nobody. Listening to Coldplay on my ipod and roasting in the sun. . can't get much better than this I kept thinking. Then my phone rang. 
"Knox rolled over!" -Scott
What! My son rolled over and I wasn't there to witness it?! Go figure. I have been working on rolling over with him since he was about 3 months. Tummy time and time on his back are two things I focus on during the day. I always make sure he gets plenty of chances to roll over for me, yet he decided to reach this huge milestone on my day off! I couldn't believe it. I shed a tear, packed up my bag and headed home. My day off was over after 2 hours. . . . needless to say, I won't be taking another day off until my kid is packed up and off to college :) I do want to give a shout out to my sister who thankfully reminded me that I will be there to witness "the next first." Thanks Sis! 
Knox is 18 weeks! Obviously you know he rolled over for the first time this week! He still loves to yell, or sing as I like to call it. His new favorite thing is making spit bubbles (thats all he wanted to do today!) He loves grabbing and playing with his feet as well. Laughing is becoming a daily experience. There's nothing better than hearing my little man giggle. . it's music to my ears! 

"Children are the anchors that hold a mother to life." -Sophocles

Grabbing his Feet while blowing bubbles :)

















"singing"










1 comment: