12.30.2010

All things Christmas

What an eventful first Christmas we had! Knox didn't get a single thing. . . . haha! We started our Christmas celebration early with Christmas at Grand Lake with my mom, dad, sister, brothers and their families. It's always a good time at the lake, but Christmas at the lake tops my list. . actually just getting to be with my entire family tops my list :) There's never a dull moment when ALL of us get together. I am looking forward to our new tradition of meeting together the weekend before Christmas every year. 

         Here's my dad with all of his grandkids



Our next stop on our Christmas celebration was Christmas at our house with my Mom and Dad. Knox scored a wonderful new red wagon and a riding bull along with some more toys. Thanks PaPa and Mamie!


The next stop was Dallas. It was our turn to celebrate Christmas Eve and Christmas with Scottie's family this year. I am so thankful to say, I love my extended family so much and I am so blessed to have them in my life. Like my family, there is never a dull moment with the Shumsky's. Scott's mom and sis planned tons of fun activities and games for us to play this year. They always come up with the most creative things for us to do. One of my favorites this year was Top Chef. Each couple had to cook a meal for everyone and we were graded on taste and presentation. Everyone did an awesome job, literally. In the end, we all walked away with a prize because the "judge" couldn't choose her favorite. I hope this is on the list next year because it was a lot of fun preparing for it! Anyways, they did a great job having fun stuff for us to do as a family. Christmas morning is one of my favorites with the Shumsky's. This year while reading the story of Christmas, Harper ran and got her version of baby Jesus in the Manger. . it melted my heart. . 



Another tradition we have on Christmas morning is opening matching pajamas, the girls have matching ones and the guys all have matching ones. We open them, put them on, and usually don't change out of them until the next day. . . Wish I would have gotten a picture but I forgot. . anyways, I love it and I LOVE THEM!



We got to spend 5 days in Dallas, with the entire family. . it was wonderful! 
Our last stop on our Christmas celebration was my Granny's house. As soon as we got back into town we headed over to celebrate my Aunt's 50th birthday and we celebrated Christmas with my Granny. 

Needless to say, Knox's first Christmas was a success. It's so much more fun when you have a kid. I can only imagine what next year will be like when he will be running around like a mad man. I am so thankful we got to celebrate with all of our families. The 3 of us are so lucky to have such amazing people in our lives. God is Good!


No comments:

Post a Comment